To enhance the consumer's experience through the best grapes and most stringent procedures in not only still wines but also sparkling.
Caraccioli Cellars’ commitment starts in the vineyard through utilizing solely Santa Lucia Highlands’ grapes to produce fruit centric still wines, and Brut and Brut Rosé in our sparkling wine program.
2008 Caraccioli Brut Cuvee
2009 Caraccioli Brut Rosé
The Caraccioli family has been a longstanding agriculture famil y in Monterey County, and they have been farming the Salinas Valley for generations: Asparagus, celery, broccoli, lettuce, etc. This is their first venture into wine so no corners were cut in terms of fruit source, winemakers, equipment, or any other necessities for the project.
Michel (pronounced Michelle) Salgues
• Founding winemaker of Roderer Estate in Anderson Valley.
• Most renown sparkling winemaker in the nation.
• On lees minimum 3 years.
• Until 2010, all fruit is purchased from
old vine Talbot Sleepy Hollow.
• Hand Harvested at 18-19 brix.
• Minimal 5-7 g/L dosage (give or take).
• Press = Champagne Coquard gravity Press.
The Coeur de Couvee is the sweet spot
of the press leading to the best quality juice.
• Family owns 124 acres in Santa Lucia highlands – hillside
(northern end of appellation where its cooler).
• Sparking wines will move towards 100% Estate in the future